Hello~ I'm Nootly. Mostly Noot, or about ten other variations of that. I'm something-or-other in gender and prefer they/them pronouns. This is a personal blog but I also use it for my art! A lot of my side fandoms change but there will always be Homestuck. My OTP is johnkat and this is also a part-time Karkat appreciation blog.
sighs was adopted when they were just a baby, later on in their life their parents adopted triplets (mom planned on one, but couldnt bring herself to separate them; so after a long long long wait and other annoying situations she adopted them all)
theyre quite a bit younger than sighs is, sighs being 20 and the siblings being 10
sighs has a terrible habit of ‘herding’ their baby siblings or just chasing them around into a bundle. Sighs likes them all together vs being scattered around the house
Redid my hair color to this slight teal blue gradient thing? And also acquired like 3 new things for the school year. One of which being this awesome jacket with an anime-cone-collar
have you looked at some online places?
I have. I checked a bunch of those resource posts where it’s like “textbooks for cheap yeah!!” and like, every other book is discounted but the one I need is maybe ten bucks off or something. I can RENT it for like 70 in some places? The digital version is 50 but I. Had this mishap with my ereader.
Oh shit I put off getting my psych textbook because it’s rly fucking expensive and I loath spending the money but now I have ten days to acquire the book and read the first two chapters+take notes
hyenas, terrifying and excellently organized predators of the savannah
also surprisingly docile and like neck scritches and have a tail chasing compulsion
if you don’t think hyenas are great then you’re objectively wrong
Aaaahhh, I love hyenas. :D
Hyenas: Always getting a bad rap because lions are jerks. Lions actually steal from hyenas most of the time because hyenas are the better predators — but they’re also very skittish when faced with a giant pride of cats. Adorable babies!
Okay, lemme tell you about spotted hyenas, aka the BAMFiest BAMFs in the animal kingdom.
- Their societies are entirely female-dominated. Female hyenas are larger and stronger than males and have higher social status in clan hierarchy - even the lowest-ranking female in a hyena clan is higher up the social ladder than the highest-ranking male. They’re basically the Amazons of the animal world. The females even have false penis-like appendages (which are essentially large clitorises), which led the ancient Greeks to think that hyenas were hermaphrodites. Because fuck your narrow human perceptions of sex and gender roles, that’s why.
- They are considered the dominant predators of the African savannah, despite not being the largest or strongest, because they are the most successful hunters. Their hunting success rate is estimated to be about 70-80%, meaning that they catch about 70-80% of prey they pursue - a freakishly high statistic (to compare, the success rate of lions and wolves is about 20-30%). They also scavenge much less than lions do, as whowasntthere said, and are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic predators, meaning that they are also the most common and widespread of the large African carnivores. That’s not too bad for an animal typecast as a lazy scavenger.
- Their jaws are some of the strongest in the animal kingdom, stronger than those of lions, tigers, wolves or perhaps bears, and can crush elephant and giraffe bones; hyenas are also able to digest all bone matter. Don’t tell me that’s not metal as fuck.
- Despite looking like dogs, they are not part of the dog family and are actually more closely related to cats. Because fuck your logic. Nature does what it wants.
- They are incredibly intelligent. They are easily as intelligent as primates and some scientists claim that their intelligence may even rival that of the great apes, which would make them among the most intelligent animals in the world. Hyenas even outperform chimpanzees on some tests, which is pretty damn awesome, considering that chimpanzees are our closest relatives and all.
So yeah, basically hyenas are awesome and badass as well as truly fascinating animals and if you don’t have at least a bit of respect for them you’re wrong.
me: stop being racist please
family: listen… liberal hippie trash ….u dont know anything abotu the world….
Sleep paralysis happened again. I was laying here with the usual shadowy black figure perched on the bed three inches from my face but he wasn’t moving at all, and then I noticed my cat left my bedroom door too far open and while I wasn’t looking at him he got up, touched my leg, then sat in my desk chair. I am 300 layers of uncomfortable.